通過個性和愛好的問答,主考官可以初步判斷面試者的性格特點是否適合職位的需要。性格外向(extroverted)的人往往容易給人留下熱情活潑、思維敏捷但不夠沉穩的印象,這類性格的人在面試時說話的節奏要適當放慢,語言組織要得當,注意給人以博學多才、見多識廣的良好形象。性格內向(introverted)的人則容易給人留下深沉有餘、反應遲緩的感覺,在面試時,這類性格的人要力爭積極回答,並就某一重大觀點展開論述,以彌補自己性格上的不足。從事的專業崗位如與自己的興趣愛好相吻合則能使人工作得更愉快、更積極,也更有利於出成果。
應試者應該根據應聘職位的需求,儘量的使用適當的詞語形容自己的個性特點。例如,應試者如果應聘祕書的職位,那麼他(她)在形容自己的個性特點時應儘量選用類似efficient (有效率的)、careful(辦事仔細的)、responsible(負責的)等詞語而不應該選用purposeful(有目的的)或 liberal(心胸寬大的)等不着邊際的詞語。
BASIC EXPRESSIONS 基本句型表達
What kind of character / personality do you think you have?
你認爲你自己具有什麼樣的性格 / 個性。
Do you have any particular strengths or weaknesses?
你有什麼特別的強項或缺點嗎?
What are your merits/ strong points / shortcomings?
你有什麼優點 / 長處 / 缺點 ?
What kind of person would you like to work with?
你喜歡和什麼樣的人一起工作呢?
How do you spend your leisure / spare / free time? = What do you do for leisure?
你的休閒時間如何度過?
I get on well with others. / I am an easy-going person. / I am able to establish a good relationship with others.
我和別人相處得很好。/我是個很容易相處的人。/我能和別人建立良好關係。
I have an interest in / am fond of / am keen on …
我喜歡……
CONVERSATIONS 會話
(A=Applicant I=Interviewer)
Dialogue 1
I: What kind of character do you think you have?
I: 你認爲你是什麼性格的人?
A: Generally speaking, I am an open-minded person.
A: 總的來說,我是個思想很開明的人。
I: What is your strongest trait?
I: 你個性上最大的特點是什麼?
A: Cheerfulness and friendliness.
A: 樂觀和友好。
I: How would your friends or colleagues describe you?
I: 你的朋友或同事怎麼形容你?
A: They say Mr. Sun is a friendly, sensitive, caring and determined person.
A: 他們說孫先生是位很友好、敏感、關心他人和有決心的人。
I: What personality do you admire?
I: 你欣賞哪種性格的人?
A: I admire a person who is honest, flexible and easy-going.
A: 我欣賞誠實、靈活而且容易相處的人。
I: How do you get along with others?
I: 你和別人相處得怎樣?
A: I get on well with others.
A: 我和別人相處得很好。
Dialogue 2
I: What kind of person do you think you are?